Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!
Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Sunday 21 January 2018

Awards, first drafts, and wild plans.


Book news were promised and are now delivered.
First of all, Woman as a Foreign language managed Runner Up in the 2017 Readers' Choice award for Best Contemporary story of the year, which for a book published at the end of September is not bad at all!! I am so chuffed and grateful to my readers.
This book is so deeply rooted inside me that I feel this very much.

In other news, I have finished the first draft of Spice&Vanilla. Not that I usually bother with second drafts as such, but lets say the story is all there now, and all that is left is polishing. Lots of polishing, quite likely, but the hard bit is done!
Spice is not really a sequel of WaaFL but Julia/n and Nina put in a little appearance and we learn a little something about their story after WaaFL's end ... and let me say that Julia/n really has a thing for putting broken young people back together.

I am also slowly forming in my head a possible short story (ah ah, Spice started as a short, and is currently 70k, so good luck with that, but one can try, right?). This started out as a plain and simple MF story, but the queer bend in my brain is not ready to unkink yet, and I am considering and evaluating... it begs to have a crossdressing hero/ine again... and tie in, very subtly with the other two books above... Anyway it's still all cloudy, and I would love input from a beautiful person I know on certain points concerning the story, so for now I will say no more.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award - runner up is still HUGE recognition - and very excited to hear about the progress on Spice&Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally, yes, I am so very excited about the award, Runner up or no, I am very very chuffed! :)
    I will start working on Spice again soon. I needed to get a little distance to see the words properly again :) And with this weather I have very little solar power to run the laptop (off-grid problems) so I am mostly doing simple artwork and dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete